[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Flood, discussions of any themes » Flood, discussions of any themes » Suggestions to improve nWe public server
Suggestions to improve nWe public server
roachclipDate: Friday, 31.12.2010, 23:55 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Player
Hey All,

I've been playing on nWe public server for about a month now. I stick around because I love playing with some of the guys and have already started to make some connections. However, It is a bit dissapointing to see 0 people playing online when I want to play. Here are some of my suggestions:

1) There needs to be some self control by the existing admins. I see too many (not going to drop names) abusing admin chat, slay, kick and ban. In my opinion a ban should only be warranted for foul play or abuse, not just because the admin is in a bad mood. Could I suggest that PERM BANS require a demo to be posted to the forum and voted on by other admins.

2) The existing map rotation is pretty horrible. I would stick to popular STANDARD maps during normal hours, and offer a custom maps time slot during the evening when a lot of regulars are on and dont care too much for the map their playing, but for the people they are playing with. Make sure to keep the map times under 30 minutes. Everytime I join it seems to be inferno, nuke, snow or pool. Lets mix it up.

3) Map vote. Install "RockTheVote" feature. This will allow users to suggest maps they'd like to play. Then prior to the map expiring, all users will get to vote on a new map.

4) HP Damage. Install this mod so people can see how much damage they cause when shooting someone or getting shot themsevles. It's nice to know if your shots are actually registering and great for when you shoot spam spots.

5) There needs to be more people online that have admin capabilities. I know times are tough and money is needed to pay for the server, but someone needs to be online to kick the cheaters when they join. If left unattended too long, people will just leave and not come back. Maybe clan members and regulars whom you trust could have kick capabilities and reserve more features to those whom pay?

6) Redirects: I know this method will be looked down upon by some, but its a great way to gain traffic through STEAM. You can setup redirect servers on different ports that redirect users to the nWe public server. This will allow you to have 20-30 servers out there on the GAME list that just redirect users to the actual pub server. The cost of doing this is minimal, but would drive a lot of traffic.

If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

Thanks

CLiP|Roach aka Jon

nWe_cDate: Saturday, 15.01.2011, 21:07 | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Admins
Helllo CLiP|Roach aka Jon
01.01.2011, 00:55 | Message
lol, happy new year biggrin
Today I come back from holidays,
one of these days I'll be doing everything possible that would raise the traffic of players. if you have any suggestions u can leave messages here. thank u!

ppkaskinasDate: Sunday, 16.01.2011, 09:15 | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Pro Player
holly craparony i see a future admin here! roach i agree to everything above, exept of this admin abuse thing, this is a verry complicated thing to sort out, and some of the players are really ignorant sometimes, but in general it is always possible to come over here to forum and post a complain.. i know it pisses people off especially those who didn't cheat and didnt really do/say anything too bad to deserve perm ban. now we have 2 new admins its Geallin, and PhameUS - both are 100 percent genuine guys found by me, and these guys won't be as bad as the other admins who (thanks god) left nwe.. im just about to talk to c! and maby we will have those changes soon wink

SilverHazeDate: Sunday, 16.01.2011, 10:20 | Message # 4
Major general
I agree with CLiP| Roach

Good Suggestions ...

PhameUsDate: Monday, 17.01.2011, 10:26 | Message # 5
Sergeant
Hey roach! Nice to see you here. (:

So here's my opinion about the points.
1) This is hard to control and I actually never felt a admin abused their power. But if they do, just make a demo and post it on the forum and let others decide.

2) Big agree here. The timelimit should be 20 or 30 minutes max. I hate the map pool and always leave when I see it is chosen since I know it will be played for a full 50 minutes.

3) RTV (rockthevote) should be a standard in all servers.

4) HP Damage hmmm... it's kinda unfair when you can ''know'' if you're hitting someone. But I love the mod though. It's almost like WH. tongue

5) No opinion, it's hard to decide wether this guy or the other guy would get ''special features''.

6) No opinion.

Message edited by PhameUs - Monday, 17.01.2011, 15:10

roachclipDate: Tuesday, 18.01.2011, 18:32 | Message # 6
Private
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'm just trying to do my part to make the NWE server a fun place to play. I can proudly say that over the past week I've seen a lot of improvements and an increase in server activity, so cheers to those that made it happen.

@PhameUs Congrats on the admin acceptance.

nWe_cDate: Thursday, 27.01.2011, 01:40 | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Group: Admins
Hey HEy hEy
I do not sleep enough because trying to monitor the server. we have lot of good admins. anyway
I hope we get back 50th in the world of servers. At the moment I am preparing some more good updates for the server. Thank you all.
P.S Just stay and play wink

PhameUsDate: Sunday, 30.01.2011, 14:44 | Message # 8
Sergeant
Okay, I have some more suggestions.

1. /resetscore command.
This will allow players to reset their score without having them to reconnect all the time. Just something handy, people will use it quite often.

2. Bullet Damage.
This is what Roach means with HP Damage plugin I believe. It displays single or multiple Damage via hud message. Know what I mean now C?

3. High Ping Kick
Well, now the server has lots of players playing. More and more laggers between them also plays. And I find it harsh to kick those players when they actually can’t help it that they’re lagging. So this would help alot.

4. amx_gag
Just to shut those annoying ads spammers or common spammers.

5. auto balancer
I know we already have one, but I think it isn’t good enough. I have seen better auto balancers. The one we have right now doesn’t react quick enough and sometimes it just wouldn’t balance good.

Well those are my suggestions for now..
Any opinions? (:

[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/i/sig3.png/[/img]

Message edited by PhameUs - Sunday, 30.01.2011, 14:45

roachclipDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 12:47 | Message # 9
Private
1. I like this idea. I sometimes leave and rejoin cause I'm embarassed any my death to kill ratio smile +1

2. Yes, this is what I am talking about +1

3. This would work if we set the threshold at 300-350ms. It would bne up to admin to kick anyone in the 200's.

4. I can see this being handy, but if they are spamming ads they're breaking the rules and should be kicked

5. No opinion.

Silent-_-KillazDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 15:23 | Message # 10
Major general
yes i agree with both phameus and roach gr8 idea guys. but the hp damage can be abit annoying guys.

BOOM BITCH GET OUT MY WAY GET OUT MY WAY!!!!!!!!

Yours Sincerely Jack :)

dRDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 16:17 | Message # 11
Sergeant
I'd rather have /me than a plugin that shows you the damage on screen. That's just a bit too much imho.

SyndDate: Wednesday, 02.02.2011, 13:53 | Message # 12
Private
Main problem - lack of admins at some point during the day(Morning, Afternoon). Later than about 16:00 GMT - admins are available, but before - not so many. Well not that I can notice any anyway, and if there are any - then they are online for a short amount of time only :S 20 Minutes ago - 0 admins, about 3-4 cheaters...

roachclipDate: Wednesday, 02.02.2011, 19:18 | Message # 13
Private
Quote (Synd)
Main problem - lack of admins at some point during the day(Morning, Afternoon). Later than about 16:00 GMT - admins are available, but before - not so many. Well not that I can notice any anyway, and if there are any - then they are online for a short amount of time only :S 20 Minutes ago - 0 admins, about 3-4 cheaters...

I think we have a fair amount of admins. But like you said, it can be hit or miss when they are on. Maybe we need to look to a /voteban mod that allows players to temporarily kick/ban cheaters. Say 80% majority vote and a 30 min ban.

PhameUsDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:14 | Message # 14
Sergeant
Synd would definitely get banned at that point, lol.

[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/i/sig3.png/[/img]

Message edited by PhameUs - Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:15

SyndDate: Sunday, 06.02.2011, 11:35 | Message # 15
Private
Probably sad And we don't want that, do we ? smile

Forum » Flood, discussions of any themes » Flood, discussions of any themes » Suggestions to improve nWe public server
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Рейтинг@Mail.rudownload counter strike cs servers

Vote on the Counter Strike Top 200
Counter Strike Top 200 - Maps | Skins | CD Keys | Sprays | Bots

Top CS DEAGLE.RUServers CS 1.6Public games Game's TOP-100 Counter cs-samara.clan.su
Copyright nWe Fam © 2024

Сервера CS Мониторинг серверов
Мониторинг серверов CS 1.6
Мониторинг серверов CS
Top Ten Website
Top Website